VMware Cloud Community
lifepo4
Contributor
Contributor

VCP5-DCV Certification, what shall I do next? memorization or take VCAP5-DCA class?

I have decided not to pursue VMware related certification.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
graemevermeulen
Contributor
Contributor

I came across this thread by accident while looking for something else.

I would just like to say that what you're proposing by memorising the questions is completely illegal and could result in disqualification. Further to this, it's people like yourself who are undermining the value of the qualification.

Good day.

0 Kudos
lifepo4
Contributor
Contributor

I am pursuing Hyper-V now, VMware is simply too expensive, and I was told by people VCP5-DCV has virtually no value, because everyone cheat these days. So I have no use for any VMware certification, it is too hard!

0 Kudos
graemevermeulen
Contributor
Contributor

Hyper-V has a firm foot-hold in smaller environments where centralised management isn't required, but you'll tend to find that as you get larger Hyper-V environments SCCM and SCVMM are necessary and these cost just as much, if not more, than VMware Enterprise licencing (unless the company is a charity or education provider).

In my job I do both - just remember that VMware is the most common technology you'll find with larger companies and in datacenters worldwide.

You're absolutely right that too many people are dumping their way to VCP status but hopefully as VMware certification matures this will mellow out.

Best of luck with Hyper-V!

0 Kudos
lifepo4
Contributor
Contributor

The biggest problem with VMware is this: this company has absolutely zero regard for customer, shall I remind you many banks would hang once google pulls the support for plugin?  They can't allow the use of flash under any circumstance. So if you are HSBC, do you want to stay with VMware and have billions of pounds stolen from your bank?   VMware should revamp VCP5 completely and use relative simple hands-on lab type exam, memory dumping is bad, but realistically, very few experienced people can pass the exam (if they change the exam regularly) , so this is bad, because VCP5-DCV has bad reputation for It hiring manager.

Hyper-V would eventually mature, maybe 95% mature as VMware, but VMware will piss off many top customers as long as they force you to use flash.

I have decided to pursue CCNA, Security and SDN related skills, and probably would never pay money to do certs unless it is hands-on based!

0 Kudos