VMware Cloud Community
tianhailong666
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC has lots of alert : alarm.HostConnectionStateAlarm event: host connection lost status=not respond

Hi,

Yesterday we entounter an issue that VC has lots of alert about host . events shows that host connecion lost  not respond.  but restored normall immediately.

we first thought that if has a short network outage was raised during the triggerd alert period.  But network team definited sure that there is no any problem related network . so we foucsd on issue between vCenter and ESXi if has any problem.           below is detail info

VC version :5.5

ESXi version:5。5

issue time:UTC +0  8:47  20th July 2017

event:  VC has lots of alert : alarm.HostConnectionStateAlarm           event: host connection lost  status=not respond.     restored normall immediately.

I also checked vpxd vpxa vmkernel,hostd log files and actually not found any value info about host connection lost.

we sure that  we have taking a snapshot for VC during that time(issue time)

I don't know if take a snapshot for vC caused ESXi host lost connection.   (this VC connected  hundreds of host. but only dozens of host happened host connection lost)

anybody if have an idea or methond to investigate this issue.  Any suggestion provided will be appreciate . thanks for you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HarjitSB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, As I can understand from your explanation , Disconnection of hosts may happen when we are using separate database servers. When snapshot quiesce the VM, some hosts may take more than 60 seconds to respond backto the vCenter where it start showing disconnection and connection.

Just check the settings as per given article, hope it may drive you to find the RCA.

ESXi host disconnects intermittently from vCenter Server (1005757) | VMware KB

-Harjit

vmwars.wordpress.com

0 Kudos