VMware Cloud Community
maniee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC 6 upgrade

Hi

I have one VC 6.0 with external PSC  - SSO domain name ( vsphere.local)

Another VC also 6.0 with external PSC - SSO domain name ( vsphere.local)

Both VC have separate external PSC with SSO.

Is it possible to connect enhance linked mode in this scenario ? if possible how to do that ?

Regards

Maniee.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Maniee,

So just to confirm, when the PSC nodes were upgraded / installed, were they placed into different vsphere.local domains? Or do you actually have two separate vsphere.local domains in your environment?

Enhanced linked mode is configured automatically when you point VC nodes to PSC nodes that are participating in the same SSO domain. It sounds like you might actually have 2 different vsphere.local SSO domains configured.

If this is the case, there is no option to repoint vCenter between SSO domains in 6.0, so you'd need to either:

1) Reinstall one of the VC nodes from scratch and during the deployment, point it to the same PSC node as the other VC

2) Deploy a new PSC node and join it to one of the existing vsphere.local domains. Deploy a new VC node and point it to the newly deployed PSC node. Migrate from the now standalong VC node to the newly deployed VC node and then decommission the stand alone VC and PSC in the separate vsphere.local domain

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos