VMware Cloud Community
DVDWSN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Use Windows session credentials

How do I use this with the vSphere Client?

Or is it only ment for a

If that's not possible, is there a way to create an auto login via shortcut parameters or something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

You can pass the flags -s <VISERVER> -u <USER> -p <PASSWORD> to the VI Client executable

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Vishy1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can use the shortcut to auto login

"C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe" -passthroughAuth -s VISERVERNAME

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for Correct or Helpful.
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

For VI3 Client you can use the passthrough option or in the vSphere client you can select the checkbox to use current user authentication.

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
0 Kudos
DVDWSN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I saw this same tip on another site. I tried it but it didn't work. A message window said "The opperation is not supported on the object."

For this to work wouldn't there have to be an account on the ESXi server with my windows username and password?

0 Kudos
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Is your Active Directory properly configured?

Any errors in the logfiles occured?

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
TobiasKracht
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can click on it with right button, holding Shift, and choose to run from another username.

StarWind Software R&D

StarWind Software R&D http://www.starwindsoftware.com
0 Kudos
DVDWSN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok well I think that answers my question.

This server isn't connected to a domain.

Any way to automate login without AD?

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

You can pass the flags -s <VISERVER> -u <USER> -p <PASSWORD> to the VI Client executable

0 Kudos
DVDWSN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks sflanders that's exactly what I was lookin for.

One last thing, is there an auto login flag so that you don't have to press Login?

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

No. What I do is create a shortcut to the VI Client executable and change the target to something like: "C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe" -s vc.test.com -u root -p P@ssw0rd. Executing this shortcut will do what you want.

0 Kudos
DVDWSN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah there we go. You need all three flags to have it auto login.

After your other post I just put in -u and -p and it didn't login automatically.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos