VMware Cloud Community
gatta
Contributor
Contributor

Urgently need to cancel a restore that has already been completed

Hello

I have a problem in my production, we have a VM that had a problem and by mistake we restored it with a snapshot on the date of 05/25, we thought that the external backup was functional when not.

Currently we must mandatory return the VM to the state of yesterday (07/28/2022)

Version :

6.5.0 Update 1 (Build 5969303)

VM (SAP Hanna)

Please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
robc_yk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you did not delete the snapshot and it still exists:

You can view and manage all snapshots for an active virtual machine. You can review the snapshots information, revert to the latest snapshot, change the name and description, or delete a snapshot.

You can manage the snapshots when you select a virtual machine in the vSphere Client inventory and click the Snapshots tab.

The snapshot tree displays all snapshots of the virtual machine and the power state of the virtual machine when a snapshot was taken. The detailed information region contains the snapshot name and description, time of creation, and the disk space. You can also see whether you took a snapshot of the virtual machine memory and if you quiesced the guest file system.

The You are here pin represents the current and active state of the virtual machine and it is always visible.

More Info:

Using Snapshots To Manage Virtual Machines (vmware.com)

0 Kudos
gatta
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
thank you for reply,
but the problem is i don't have snapshot for yesterday see screenshot

I use the Esxi GUI I don't have Vsphere

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
robc_yk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately if you resorted over, or deleted the snapshot I am unaware of any way to get it back. A restore by nature is a destructive process unless restored to a separate location.

---

If you found this information helpful, or think it could be useful to another person, please mark it so with a 'Kudos'.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

dont trust snapshotmanager !!!!
Use Winscp and compair the list of files you got with the vmx.

0 Kudos