VMware Cloud Community
EkaterinaN
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading VMware 6.7 to 7.0

ESXI 6.7 was installed on the server. I am trying to update to 7.0 but an error appears when downloading "No network adapters". Server Configuration: model SG-3205-R, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz, Network Controller Intel 82576 Dual-Port Gigabit Ethernet. I know that many network controllers are not available in 7.0, but the fact is that the license was purchased for 7.0. What should I do?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check the compatibility tool: https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=io

If your NIC isn’t supported for 7.0 and only 6.7 will work, you’ll either have to replace the NIC to move to 7.0 or downgrade the license to a 6.x key.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
EkaterinaN
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28tt help me: INTEL Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2 and CPU  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 are they suitable for version 7.0??

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That’s what the compatibility tool is for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
EkaterinaN
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28ttAnd how can I downgrade my license? By contacting technical support? 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can downgrade licenses yourself in the Customer Connect (formerly MyVMware) portal (see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/81665).
Once you are ready for version 7.0 you can then upgrade the license again.

André

0 Kudos