VMware Cloud Community
Mozron
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade ESXi 6.0u2 to u3

Hi guys,

I've tried a few different routes to upgrading my HP DL360, Gen 7s from 6.0u2 to u3 and failed. tried to upload the iso to Update Manager and that fails.

Then tried to boot from iso and upgrading via mounting the iso, that also failed.

Downloaded the iso from vmware portal. tried the standard version "VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.0.0.update03-5050593.x86_64" that failed to upload to Update Manager and failed to upgrade via mounting.

Then downloaded pre Gen9 iso, again from the vmware portal, "VMware-ESXi-6.0.0-Update3-9313334-HPE-preGen9-600.9.8.5.4-Sep2018" that again has failed. i dont want to have to rebuild from scratch as it requires a lot of manual config post built.

i'm running vCenter version 6.5

I'm sure DL360 Gen 7 is compatible to run/install ESXi6.0u3, has anyone had the same problem? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

What was the error message and you should attach esxupdate.log.

Without additional information no one can help you.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Guessing that you are facing a dependency issue, you may take a look at my reply at Re: Esxi upgrade from 5.5 to 6.0U3 HPE custom offline bundle VMware-ESXi-6.0.0-Update3-6921384-HPE-6... to see whether this works for you.

André

0 Kudos
Mozron
Contributor
Contributor

No error message. when i mount the image and reboot, it takes me through the cycle to the point where i hit upgrade, after a couple of seconds the successful message pops up and asks to reboot the host, removing the mounted image....

when i tried the same via offline bundle, it gave me a similar message

Whats the command to export just the esxupdate logs? via ssh

0 Kudos