VMware Cloud Community
Servicio_Sistem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade ESXi 4.1 Update 2 to ESXi 4.1 Update 3 with HP BL685c G7

Hi,

I don´t know how to upgrade my blade´s HP BL685c G7 from ESXI 4.1 U2 to ESXI 4.1 U3. There is a problem with the hardware in this model, some incompatibility between the servers HP Blade BL685c G7 and VMware vSphere ESXI 4.1. I installed ESXI 4.1 U2 from a ISO image that i directly downloaded from the HP web site.

The standard ISO´s that you can get from ESXI 4.1 in VMware website doesn´t work with this model. If i try to boot with the ESXI4.1U3 ISO or any other 4.1 version is imposible. In the image you can see the message.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
7 Replies
spravtek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

The HP images can be downloaded here: https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPVM06

You'll need to create an account if you haven't got one.

These images contain the necessary drivers for your hardware

You can always check compatibility with your hardware in the HP compatibility matrix: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/vmware/supportmatrix/hpvmware.html

0 Kudos
Servicio_Sistem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

As you can see in the image "HP1.jpg" in the HP website you can only obtain th ESXi 4.1 Update 2, but there is NO ESXi 4.1 Update3 ISO.

Also I have seen yet that int the HP matrix and VMware matrix than ESXi 4.1 U3 IS compatible with the servers HP Blades BL685c G7, as you can see in the image "HP2.jpg". You can only download ESXi 4.1 Update 2. In this case we only hace a note:

<<(10) There will be no HP customized image for VMware ESXi 4.1 U3. If the server requires an HP customized image, install the HP ESXi 4.1 U2 customized image and then upgrade to VMware ESXi 4.1 U3>>

I have downloaded the ESXi 4.1 U2 from the HP website, and then when i try to upgrade to ESXi 4.1 U3 is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Thanks, but i need more help!!!

0 Kudos
spravtek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, you are correct, I looked at the wrong Blade server ... Sorry for that.

I gather you don't have access to vCenter and Update manager?

You can upgrade from U2 to U3 via the command line using upgrade-from-esxi4.0-to-4.1-update03-800380.zip (which you can download from VMware site)

Did you try this? Or what method are you using to upgrade?

0 Kudos
Servicio_Sistem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can I upgrade from ESXi 4.1 U2 to ESXi 4.1 U3 with this file: "upgrade-from-esxi4.0-to-4.1-update03-800380.zip" ????

Wich is the metod???

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
spravtek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Servicio_Sistem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution