VMware Cloud Community
ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Update manager is not shown in home section of vSphere web client

I know Update Manager server component is installed on VC but I'm not able to see the icon of Update Manager in 'Home section' of vSphere web client.

I wish to set up frequency of the repository update by browser and no vSphere client.

I can see Update Manager icon both in 'hosts and clusters' and 'VMs and templates'.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sreenivas_Chint
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update manager still not available from web client I believe. you have to use vSphere client to use update manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
brunofernandez1
Jump to solution

the WebClient is only supported with U1 of vCenter.

if you have allready U1 installed, i would check if forward and reverse DNS lookups can resolv the hostnames/ips of your vcenter/webclient

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards from Switzerland, B. Fernandez http://vpxa.info/
0 Kudos
TomKalabis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

0. check dns on your update manager server

1. try to restart your update manager server

2. try to restart your vcenter server

tomas

0 Kudos
ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Virtual center is:

VMware VirtualCenter 5.5.0 build-2183111

I tried to restart "Vmware Updare Manager" service but nothing, I have to restart VC?

0 Kudos
brunofernandez1
Jump to solution

your version is vCenter Server 5.5 Update 2b

so this should be ok...

what about name resolution?

do you have tried this?

a reboot is also a good option :smileygrin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards from Switzerland, B. Fernandez http://vpxa.info/
0 Kudos
ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I verified DNS service in Virtual Center (at level of Windows 2008 server) and it works fine.

I restarted VC but with the same results.

0 Kudos
TomKalabis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

its possible to reinstall your update manager in your environment?

I think that is quickest way to resolve your issue

tomas

0 Kudos
Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't think admin view of VUM is availabe in web client yet so you need to set up frequency of the repository update using vSphere client. For now one can just atach a baseline to selected inventory object and scan it using web client.

for admin view one still need to use vSphere client.

- Noor Mohammad
ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VMware suggests to use web client and it's leaving sphere client but some functions are been kept into last one?!

0 Kudos
Sreenivas_Chint
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update manager still not available from web client I believe. you have to use vSphere client to use update manager

0 Kudos