VMware Cloud Community
TheGodFatherNR
Contributor
Contributor

Unspecified Filename not found - Newbie!!

I am having a huge problem with a production server. I just started working at a job at an undisclosed location and I have to play catchup a bit.

Let me start off by saying there are NO backups or snapshots of any kind.

There are two physical servers connected to one RAID Array. The servers and the RAID array are functioning fine.

The all VMs on both physical servers (minus the one we are going to be referring to shortly) are working normally.

When I attempt to start one of the VMs (Windows Server 03 32bit Edition), it gives me an error saying "File (unspecified filename) was not found".

If I use FastSCP to attempt to copy the .vdmk's (which I can see everything - at the wrong file size), I also get an error saying the file was not found (only the flat was not found - everything else is fine).

Is there anything I can do to find/correct this corrupt image?

Please help! If there is something I can do, please treat me like a dummy, I am very new to ESXI (virtual machines in general) and need to have my hand held. I would like to get this resolved and not lose my new job. I have gone though many posts and found many sites on some of these threads that seem very helpful (but not really to my exact case) or maybe they contain some fragments where an experienced Virtual Machine Guru might know about, I do not.

I have attached a file with the logs and some screen shots of what I see. Please help.

-N

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

sorry, but I doubt anyone on this forum will be able to help you with this issue. It looks like the flat file has been destroyed (size 0kb, date 12/31/1969 !?). If this is (was) an important system then you should immediately call VMware support for this issue.

André

0 Kudos
TheGodFatherNR
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I as unforunate as it may be, I thank you for looking into my logs for me. I think the company is going to be shafted on this one...

Thank you.

0 Kudos