VMware Cloud Community
rtlite51
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unhandled Exception (1)

I have my ESXi 6.5 server up for about 3 months without issue. Starting a few days ago an error occurs on login. If I choose "reload" I'm returned to logon splash seems to be in a loop. If I use the browser refresh ( found this out by accident) instead of the reload button it makes to the navigation page. Do I need to rebuild my server?

ESXi65_2.PNG

ESXi65.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rtlite51
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I should have explored this idea sooner, I didn't because both browsers (IE & Chrome) demonstrated to the same error. To my memory, I never launched ESXi from IE and so I thought this a litmus test that this was not browser related. That being said I decided to clear the browser cache before exploring more drastic measures. Voilà, problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mike4realz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have this issue using chrome so I use internet explorer instead and no issue so far.

rtlite51
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Gave that possibility some thought but in my case, it did not work.

0 Kudos
rtlite51
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I should have explored this idea sooner, I didn't because both browsers (IE & Chrome) demonstrated to the same error. To my memory, I never launched ESXi from IE and so I thought this a litmus test that this was not browser related. That being said I decided to clear the browser cache before exploring more drastic measures. Voilà, problem solved.

0 Kudos
MajesticPete
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's the issue with the latest Chrome 57... i ended up downgrading back to 56 and all back to normal.  Probably not the best practice out there to downgrade browsers...but....

inbox911
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

do not hit enter after typing the credentials, just press login b the mouse.

bjeevan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It worked for me when i try to open in IE

Jeevan Bobba http://vmwareenterprise.com
0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

One easy workaround would be to click on the screen somewhere outside the unhandled exception window and hit the Escape key Smiley Wink

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet