VMware Cloud Community
jomoca1990
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to ssh Esxi 7 behid Cisco 3560

Hello 

I'm trying to set a home lab for NSX-t 3. I had my Dell Precision directly connected to my home router and it was working fine. However I tried to change it I connected a Cisco 3560 to my regular ISP home router and my ESXI server to the switch. My home network has a 192.168.0.0/24 addressing and I configure my server with the ip 172.16.0.2. I configured the interfaces of the switch as regular IP interfaces, disable switch port and I can ping the server from my personal computer but I cant ssh. I keeps trying but it does not give any results, I cant connect via web either. I hope you guys help me setup this lab correctly. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pdirmann01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you able to put together a small diagram showing your layout, what is connected to what, and what networks are where? A visual would be nice for this.

0 Kudos
jomoca1990
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

Please find the diagram, this a simple setup but I might be doing something wrong in the way that Im implementing it because without the Cisco switch the communication was ok. 

0 Kudos
pdirmann01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First off, I assume SSH service in the ESX host is enabled and running, correct?

Next, being that it's a single host I'm assuming that you do not have a vCenter and are using a virtual standard switch (VSS) for your ESX networking. If so, are you putting a VLAN ID on the portgroup of the management interface? How is the port on the switch configured, as an access port or trunk?

0 Kudos