VMware Cloud Community
eekram
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to install guest in any mode.

Hi, i have tried every option client,host, and iso to boot and install guest in ESXi 4.0.

But i am failed to install anything. It failing and everytime it tries to boot from Network Boot.

I am really fade up this stuff. It sould straight forward while i choose ISO from datastore.

Even i tired selecting CDROM from bios. but it didnot work and no error found also.

Please help me. I am middle of nowhere.

-ekram

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

what is failing? The boot from CD?

If its so, check the boot options in your vm. Chose in the settings tab of your vm under startoption to force into the vm bios.

There you are able to check the boot option.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
eekram
Contributor
Contributor

sorry i made mistake. It was the VT things which was not enabled in bios. I was able to import vmware images using vmware convertor thats why i though it was enabled. After seeing the event log i enable the VT from bios and able to boot and install guest. Thanks buddies which replied my post....

0 Kudos
jkumhar75
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Thanks for the update and mark this query as answered.

Jay

VCP 310,VCP 410,MCSE

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Jayprakash VCP3,VCP4,MCSE 2003 http://kb.vmware.com/
0 Kudos