VMware Cloud Community
AsHKiutza
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to install esx 4.1 on Dell R610

hi everybody,

I'm trying to remotely install vmware using adderlink ipeps kvm solution and ESXi 4.1 installer stops during installing at 74%. Source install is CDROM.

System contains: two cpu with six core, 8GB RAM, 4hdd sas raid 10 perc h700 controller . drac flash is disabled.

Virtualization is enabled in BIOS.

The message is the same whatever destination disc is the Raid discs or the embeded SD card (emulated as hdd).

dell610_vmwarelic.JPG

Any hint|advise would be appreciated.

10x

Ash

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Can't see the drive you are trying to install.. it isn't the SD flash is it?  that won't work.

I suggest you get ESXi unless you NEED ESX... Dell R610 is perfect for ESX, should have no issues.. try using the Dell setup disk to install ESX instead of running ESX natively..

0 Kudos
AsHKiutza
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what destination SD or RAID I choose the error is the same, at the same time (74% of installation process).

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

To rule out installation media issues. Did you already verify the MD5 checksum for the downloaded ISO image and/or burn another CD?

André

0 Kudos
AsHKiutza
Contributor
Contributor

Got the same error using:

VMware-VMvisor-Installer-4.1.0-260247.x86_64.iso

and

VMware-VMvisor-Installer-4.1.0.update1-348481.x86_64-Dell_Customized_A04.iso

Latest test:

VMware-VMvisor-Dell-RecoveryCD-4.1_Update1-348481.x86_64-DellCustomized_A05.iso

using remote virtual media, installation process hanged on boot stage (decompressing images).

Memory test didn't found any error.

0 Kudos
AsHKiutza
Contributor
Contributor

Succesfully installed using dell's idrac virtual media using latest dell's vmware A05 version.

VMware-VMvisor-Dell-RecoveryCD-4.1_Update1-348481.x86_64-DellCustomized_A05.iso

0 Kudos