VMware Cloud Community
Hawen
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to download anything

Hi

Im unable to download anything from the site. I get errors like the one below (only error code is different) for "VMware vCenter Server 4.1 Update 1" and "VMware ESXi Installer & Recovery CDs for Dell". Probably everything else too.

Im in Sweden if that helps. I colleague of mine is still able to download.

Internal Error

The VMware download portal encountered an error while processing your request.      We're sorry for the inconvenience. If you choose to report this error, please provide the following error information:

Error code: DW02
Error date: Mon May 16 03:12:41 PDT 2011
Err 4 user: Not logged in
Exception: VM-CLIENT-UNKNOWN:Exception occurred in SOAP Call.Invalid UTF8 encoding.
Regards Hans
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

i try to download from my account now things are OK. can you try again?

0 Kudos
Hawen
Contributor
Contributor

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /tryvmware/index.php.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

i've tried again and it's okay. I'm located in ASIA and the server assigned to me is in ASIA. Perhaps you could try again later when the download server for your region is being fixed ..

0 Kudos
Hawen
Contributor
Contributor

Now back to this

Internal Error

The VMware download portal encountered an error while processing your request.      We're sorry for the inconvenience. If you choose to report this error, please provide the following error information:

Error code: DV66
Error date: Mon May 16 04:32:30 PDT 2011
Err 4 user: Not logged in
Exception: VM-CLIENT-UNKNOWN:Exception occurred in SOAP Call.Invalid UTF8 encoding.
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

can't really do much until it's being fixed. perhaps you could use a proxy to redirect to a working server. maybe a wild try if you have access to vmware support you can create a support ticket too ..

0 Kudos
hvasumd
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same trouble today (same internal errors, and from time to time, proxy errors as described by you). I'm from Spain so it seems there's a problem with european server/s.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Hans,

I've reported it in the moderator forum, hopefully someone will follow up with you soon.

Sorry for the slow response. I'm in the middle of moving so not continuesly online.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos