VMware Cloud Community
faster4233
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to connect to the MKS: The remote host certificate has these problems:

Hi,

We have a 4 ESXi host cluster all running vSphere 4.1.  Recently i started to upgrade them to update 2 and all the additional patches.  After upgrading the vCentre Server to the latest version (or possibly before i may not have noticed) one of are hosts started showing the following error whenever you tried to connect to the console of any guest on that host.

Unable to connect to the MKS: The remote host certificate has these problems:

It doesnt list any problems at all and no errors show in the events log it just doesnt work.  I have had a prod around the internet and found nothing.  I then rebuilt the host to rule that out and the problem still remains.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks in advance

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VTsukanov
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you can connect to the Remote Console using VMware Infrastructure (VI) Client connected directly to the host, take a look vmware kb Connecting to a virtual machine's Remote Console fails with the error: The remote host certificate h...

but a more general way -  remove the host from vCenter inventory, and then re-add the host back, take a look at Opening the virtual machine console after a fresh installation of ESXi or ESX fails with the error: ... and Unable to connect to the MKS: The remote host certificate has these problems

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
faster4233
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah it also seems to be related only to vCentre if i connect using the client directly to the host it seems to be fine.

0 Kudos
VTsukanov
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you can connect to the Remote Console using VMware Infrastructure (VI) Client connected directly to the host, take a look vmware kb Connecting to a virtual machine's Remote Console fails with the error: The remote host certificate h...

but a more general way -  remove the host from vCenter inventory, and then re-add the host back, take a look at Opening the virtual machine console after a fresh installation of ESXi or ESX fails with the error: ... and Unable to connect to the MKS: The remote host certificate has these problems

0 Kudos
faster4233
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Removing the Host and then readding it seems to have fixed it.

Thanks very much for the help.

David

0 Kudos