VMware Cloud Community
hud4n
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to the MKS: Internal error

Can anybody help me with this error

"Unable to connect to the MKS: Internal error"

It's appear on my console, when i want to install my first Host.

I'm using Vmware ESX

Thanks, Smiley Happy

22 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

Hi and welcome to the community.

Make sure port 902 is not being blocked then follow by this: http://www.vdi.co.nz/2009/08/02/unable-to-connect-to-the-mks/

0 Kudos
Maximenu
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

DNS Resolution

Here you have other post

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1316549

Javier Galvez

Customer Success Compute and Cloud

Joined the VMTN Community in Dic, 2004

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

check this kb, might help: VMware Knowledge Base

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
hud4n
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried all the reply you gave to me Smiley Sad, the error stiil appears

0 Kudos
Ramverma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Power off the virtual machine. Remove from inventory and Re-add it then power on.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When this happen ?

check firewall of vcenter if is disable to test. And check if all hosts and vcenter response to ping with FQDN.

other option: restart services of this host VMware.

service mgmt-vmware restart
service vmware-vpxa restart

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
hud4n
Contributor
Contributor

i haven't install vcenter, i just installed esx and vsphare client.

I can ping with FQDN from client

0 Kudos
hud4n
Contributor
Contributor

this happen when i want to install a new host (my first host installation) , and appear that error (MKS: internal error) Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
rajeshcloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a same issue, i am able to view VM console from vcenter server, i installed vsphere client on my desktop and i used same vcenter credentials, but i couldn't see VM console, showing same error unable to connect to the MKS: internal error.

finally i found the error is with DNS. Name resolution is not happening. Use nslookup command and check proper DNS connectivity, and also do following changes from this site http://www.gkhan.in/mks-internal-error-on-vmware-console/

VMware KB: Cannot open the virtual machine console

Regards,Rajesh, if you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
TrevorBenson
Contributor
Contributor

hud4n,

Can you tell me if your root Ramdisk on ESXi appears to be full? From ESXi Shell or ssh run `vdf -h` Output should look similar to:

Ramdisk                  Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on

root                      32M        3M      28M  12% --

etc                        28M      292K      27M  1% --

tmp                      192M      28M      163M  14% --

hostdstats                834M      10M      823M  1% --

If your Use% is at 99-100% or Available space is 0 this can cause problems with multiple features, like vMotion (if your using vSphere). None of the VM KB Articles I have seen seem to mention this as a possibility for the mks internal error when attempting to console a VM.

0 Kudos
hkevin
Contributor
Contributor

I got this issue on vCenter 5.5/ESXi 5.5 and took me quite time googling with different solution with no luck. Luckily,  I tried remove VM from inventory and add it back. Now it works. Thanks.

TasMot
Contributor
Contributor

Worked on this part time for weeks. The shutdown/remove/re-add was all it took. Doesn't explain what happened, but at least I can get back in.

0 Kudos
windessy
Contributor
Contributor

Met same issue on ESXi 6.0 after i added host to VC server. All VMs refused to open console with this error.

I tried to re-add first VM, and it works.

Then i shutdown second VM, open config and increase Video Memory from 4 MB up to 64MB. And it helps too. So it can be some bug with video resolution error.

Kisan_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
karthikelango
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Try the below steps

• connect to your ESXi Host via SSH and start the DCUI
  • press “F2” to log-in
  • select “Troubleshooting Options”
  • select “Restart Management Agents”

Do not panic, if you see the hosted virtual machines as “orphaned” in your vCenter. It will take some minutes till they are connected back as normal.

The restart of the Management Agents will not kill the virtual machines – they will continue to run.

0 Kudos
eddyccl
Contributor
Contributor

Using vSphere 6.0. Shutdown, remove VM from inventory, re-add vm back to inventory works for me too.

0 Kudos
Morevalar
Contributor
Contributor

Helped for me too! Shutdown VM - changed from 4 to 8 Mb - Start VM - Profit!!!)

0 Kudos
Amejias
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! This worked for me.

0 Kudos
JC25
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos