VMware Cloud Community
Mustafa-ICT
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect to HBR Management Server

ERROR
Unable to connect to HBR Management Server at https://DR-vR:8043. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: DR-vR

DR-vR
Operation ID: f6211278-7f22-4149-8b72-200b2046b39a

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, 

I am trying to setup replication between two esxi hosts. I have setup everything properly according to documentation. vCenter is setup and replication appliance is setup on both ends. Everything goes normally until when I try to setup the Peer vcserver I get the above error (screenshoot attached). I get the same from both Destination and Target side when I try to setup the Peer link. I would appreciate it if someone could help with this. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mustafa-ICT
Contributor
Contributor

We had a VMware Technical engineer look at the issue and found out that we had manually add the IP addresses, FQDN and Short name in the Host File ( of Production and Target Replication appliances) like so:

# Begin /etc/hosts (network card version)

# End /etc/hosts (network card version)

# VAMI_EDIT_BEGIN

# Generated by Studio VAMI service. Do not modify manually.

127.0.0.1 Prod-vR localhost

192.168.0.58 Dr-vcenter.lp.com.au Dr-vcenter

192.168.0.48 Dr-vr.lp.com.au Dr-vr

192.168.0.59 Prod-vcenter.lp.com.au Prod-vcenter

::1 Prod-vR localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

# VAMI_EDIT_END

Just in case someone else runs into that sort of issue, this is how you fix it. Thanks for everyone's help.