VMware Cloud Community
Dimitar
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to complete installation/uninstallation of vCenter Converter agent

Hi,

I have physical Server VCenter 4.1 (Build 345043) with 2 ESX 4.1 U1 (Build 348481). Everything works perfect, but the Schedule VM import.

When I login to VCenter and click on Scheduled tasks, "Import Machine" and try to import VCenter Server itself (use VCenter IP or name) it comes with the following Error “Unable to complete installation/uninstallation of VCenter Converter agent on ‘IP address’ ". Basically I’m trying to schedules import of VCenter and keep it on one of the ESX Servers in case of Physical Server failure.

I have been doing this without issue on Vcenter 4 & ESX 4 and all worked fine. After the upgrade is no longer working for me.

Appreciate any advice.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

Hi Dimitar,

2 questions.

1) Is the Converter already installed on this Physical server?

2) why don;t you just install the VC on a VM from the start and forget about the physical?

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
Dimitar
Contributor
Contributor

1. Yes, Converter9as Plug ins) and agent are installed

2. We have policy to keep VCenter as Physical Server.

0 Kudos
santosjr
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem to convert our vCenter Server that was in a server physical IBM 3200 M3 and after hitting his head, we installed Vmware vConverter Standalone V4.30 locally and ran the conversion and now we're virtually with vCenter Server and do not lose our settings and AD since we have a file Server to serve the environment.

Jose Roberto / Cassio - F4th - Brazil

0 Kudos
devyfong
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All,

Anyone have resolustion for the captioned issue? I got that problem last week with vCenter 4.1 and Converter 4.2.

When I tried to import a windows 2003 64bit physical machine, get error message post subject. Find the attachment for screen capture.

0 Kudos
Ubunslacknix
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, but I am using Windows Server 2008.

Using the standalone isn't an option as I am trying to set up a scheduled task.

0 Kudos