VMware Cloud Community
itzupla
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to backup ESXi configuration.

I am the admin of a few ESXi servers, different versions of all of them. The backup procedure according to Vmware (https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2042141) works properly in almost all of them. However, the backup procedure is not working on one specific version (7.0.0 build-16324942) for me. I also recreated the issue by creating a fresh VM running version 7.0.0 build-16324942, and upgrading this to version 7.0.2 build-17867351, but even when the upgrade procedure ends successfully, the backup procedure still fails. The backup procedure works properly on a fresh VM that runs version 7.0.2 build-17867351 from scratch. 

I've already tried multiple workarounds like re creating the  /scratch/downloads directory, re starting the services.sh restart but still can't generate the backup using the "vim-cmd hostvcv/firmware/sync_config

Please, any advice is welcome.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Srijithk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can you share the screenshot of the output of the below command on the host you are facing an error?

ls -l

0 Kudos
itzupla
Contributor
Contributor

Sure! Thanks for your reply!

Here's the output of the ls -l

1. The screenshot that has the black background is the one with the current OS version (live server with error);

2. the screenshot with the white background is the simulated one with an upgrade to the OS (still with error);

3. The screenshot with the gray background is the simulated machine with a clean install (no errors at all).

0 Kudos