VMware Cloud Community
ehuerta3
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to add Tesla V100 card to a VM: (sched.mem.min) error

I'm trying to add a Tesla V100 32GB card to a VM (Ubuntu 20.04), but when I try to power on the VM, I'm getting an error: invalid memory setting: memory reservation (sched.mem.min) should be equal to memsize(65536).

I've enabled passthrough on the host (7.0 update 3) and added 2 configuration parameters to the VM using vSphere: pciPassthru.use64bitMMIO=“TRUE” and pciPassthru.64bitMMIOSizeGB=“64”

The VM is configured with 64GB RAM.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 4.05.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-31 at 4.01.32 PM.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This should have been in an ESXi or vSphere area of the forums, now I’ve reported it a moderator should move it (don’t create a duplicate)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Please attach the complete vmware.log - should have the full error message ...

0 Kudos
ehuerta3
Contributor
Contributor

I was missing the check box to "Reserve all guest memory." That enabled the VM to see the card via lspci.

0 Kudos