VMware Cloud Community
next4ideas
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to access vm by vsphere ou ssh

Hi fellas,

Cuple months ago my credentials to access Vm from vSphere was denied (wrong login or password).

i thought that i was hacked but was not.

so i ask data center about the issue and they recommend me to restart all server.

after this reboot, my login works without no issue...

the problem is, i have hosting servers there and each restart i stay 20" offline, so i cant just all the time being restarting server.

so this happen a couple weeks ago and next day i was able to access normal,  now,  today happen again...

its happen with more frequency, and the solution is arbitrary or i should restart the server

do you know what may it happen? if is an vmwarea issue or its a firewall...

thaks advanced

2 Replies
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is not a VMware Virtualization issue . It is mostly related with these things .

1 DNS  

2 DHCP

3 Active Directory.

4.Networking in ESXI (Ping to the Default Gateway of the VLAN)

Please check all these are working with the VM's .  You can do below things to ensure everything works well.

1, Check the VM IP .

2. same ESXI host , connect a VM in same Port group , do a ping test to default gateway of the subnet and check the packet loss (run this in background)

3.nslookup machine name , nslookup ip (check both are resolving proper IP and Hostname)

4.If it is a windows machine , take it remote using mstsc and try to access from remote network , if it is a linux , take ssh access remotely.

5.If any of these are not working , it is related with  (1-4).

you have not specified which user having issue local or ad ? , create a new local user , called as test and check it further if you are observing this .

password lock can happen because of your ad group policy as well

Thanks & Regards in Plenteous . Hari Rajan
next4ideas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Hari,

the issue was with my ISP.
we dont know why but when i restart my local machine o got access.

i will continue investigating,

thank you so much by the tips

0 Kudos