VMware Cloud Community
GMAN2009
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Install new Enterprise OS on ESX4.1

Hi ,

Need an urgent help. I was installing a Windows 2008 R2 with SP1 on Esx4.1 host. Made a new virtual machine and once start the installation then it get stuck asking

LOAD DRIVER

required cd/dvd device driver is missing. i fyou have a driver floppy disk, CD,DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it again.

Note: If the installation  media is in the CD/dvd drive. you can safely remove it for this step.

Tried to connect through the host device still no luck. I was able to install it last time.

Please let me know what I'm missing on this.

Regards,

G

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

This error is almost always a corrupt ISO or media.  How did you obtain the media, and does this same media work on a physical computer?

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
GMAN2009
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

i DOWNLOAD THE      INSTALLATion media from the MSDN. it works fine for other host. Even I burn the another CD still no.

I'm missing something in the configuration of VM. Machine was built on RAID5

G

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Depending on the hardware this could be an issues with accessing the DVD drive. It's way easier to install to OS off the ISO anyway.Open the datastore browser in the vSphere Client, create a new folder (e.g. ISO-Repository) and upload the ISO file to this folder. Then connect the ISO file to the virtual DVD drive of the virtual machine.

André

0 Kudos