VMware Cloud Community
Wajeeh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Un Mounting DataStore and heart beat HA message

Dear Experts,

I want to un-mount datastore which is not in use, but when trying to do so, I am getting message as attached. Is it safe to proceed OR I need to do some steps before this. This datastore is presented to the two hosts in HA cluster but used nowhere for any purpose. Before there was a plan to use it but later we changed the idea. Please advise.

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jrmunday
Commander
Commander

Hi Wajeeh, You can proceed with the unmount. It is currently being used for HA heartbeats, but provided you have at least two other datastores which can be used for this purpose there should be no issues.

Cheers,

Jon

vExpert 2014 - 2022 | VCP6-DCV | http://www.jonmunday.net | @JonMunday77
0 Kudos
Wajeeh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There are in total 3 data stores, one of which I am trying to un-mount now, but rest two will remain there since they contain the VM's. Before I go ahead with un-mount operation, how do I verify that the two remaining datastores are serving the purpose of HA heartbeats and I am safe with this operation?

I just want to double check before I unmount to avoid running into any un-wanted problems.

Please advise. If you require additional details let me know.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please refer to the KB article by William Lam and Alan Renouf here.. VMware KB: Unmounting a LUN or detaching a datastore/storage device from multiple ESXi 5.x hosts

~dGeorgey

0 Kudos