VMware Cloud Community
ckiser3
Contributor
Contributor

USB SUPPORT

I have a question on setting up USB to IP.  Has anyone tried this?  I have esxi 4.1.  We also use vmotion which is why i beleive that the USB to IP would be the best option.  Any horror or success stories out there?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Honestly, I have no experience with USB over IP. But first read this guide. It may be useful for you.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/esx_anywhereusb2.pdf

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. 

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
cpekar
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we've used a usb licence key and a usb modem, in our environment.  You just need to get a AnywhereUSB/5.  We have two of them.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

There are several manufacturers of these types of devices. I have used Silex devices and they have worked quite well even providing access across a WAN link. I would do a web search for the devices and check whether your USB device is specifically supported although I haven't found too many things that don't work.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos