VMware Cloud Community
PaulMarkstaedte
Contributor
Contributor

USB-Controller PCI-Passhtough Probleme

Hallo,

Ich versuche bei dem USB-Controller KTU3FR-4P von inatek Passtrhough zu aktivieren.

Er wird in dern verfügbaren Geräten auch gelistet und ich kann auch mit "Passthrough umschalten" den Status auf "Aktiviert / Erfordert Neustart" setzten.
Nach einem Neustart ist er nur leider nicht Aktiv sondern immernoch auf "Aktiviert / Erfordert Neustart".

Weiß jemand woran das liegen kann?

Viele Grüße

Paul

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jUDASmILExAlmig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Paul

How did you reboot the server? PCI passthrough settings will only be applied once you *soft* reboot the server as you use command "reboot" in ESXi console or "restart" from UI clients. If you reboot the server with *hard* methods like force power-off then power-on or use reset method by pressing the button or on ILO the settings will not take effect unless you soft reboot your host. Thanks.

H

0 Kudos
PaulMarkstaedte
Contributor
Contributor

Hi jUDASmILExAlmighty,

thank you for your response.

To reboot my Host I use the restart Button at the page of the Passthroughconfiguration.

This works for my GPU but not for the USB-Controller.

Sincerely

Paul

0 Kudos
jUDASmILExAlmig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the updates. Not sure if it's a compatibility issue as either vendor of "Inateck" -- the XHCI card manufacturer or the XHCI chip "FRESCO FL1100-100" on card can not be found on VMware's compatibility guide. If you have other XHCI card which with chip from "TI" or "Renasas" you may have a try to see if you can passthrough that one. Thanks.

T

0 Kudos
PaulMarkstaedte
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the idea.

Unfortunality the only other XHCI card is one from Logitech with the same issue.

Could you please give me a tip, how to use the compatibility guide, or rather where to find such USB-Controller in it?

0 Kudos
Preferred_comm1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Mine Card with the Chipset work just when I use USB Device like a Dongle to pass it truth.

When I want pass truth the Card the ESXi Crash see: Re: FL1100 USB 3.0 Host Controller now working?

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

After setting the required configuration run following command in shell:

/sbin/auto-backup.sh

And also what's the status of the PCI device after the host restart? Did you check the log files? (vmkernel.log, vmksummary.log)

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos