VMware Cloud Community
guleya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

USB CD-ROM

I have a HP Blade running ESXi. I have a USB CD-ROM connected to the blade. I can see the drive in the storage. I keep getting email alerts stating the follwoing:

Event details:

Lost connectivity to storage device mpx.vmhba33:C0:T0:L0. Path vmhba33:C0:T0:L0 is down. Affected datastores: Unknown.

The HBA number that is listed here does not correspond with the what I can see in Virtual Center.

Any ideas on how to change the number or how to get the alert to stop?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Is this problem got resolved? If not, please check your Storage adapter list and verify what is the adapter 'vmhba33' pointing to. This can be verified using the command 'esxcfg-scsidevs -a'.

Also use the command 'esxcfg-mpath -b' and check for the status of all paths to verify that you don't see any path reported as 'dead'. In case of any 'dead' path please check your hardware and resolve the problem.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the issue.

Regards

Sudhish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Is this problem got resolved? If not, please check your Storage adapter list and verify what is the adapter 'vmhba33' pointing to. This can be verified using the command 'esxcfg-scsidevs -a'.

Also use the command 'esxcfg-mpath -b' and check for the status of all paths to verify that you don't see any path reported as 'dead'. In case of any 'dead' path please check your hardware and resolve the problem.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the issue.

Regards

Sudhish

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Let me know if you need any further help on this issue. If the issue is already resolved can you mark it as answered

~Sudhish

0 Kudos