VMware Cloud Community
Graham85
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Trying to update from ESXi 7.0 to 7.0U1 or 7.0U2 results in "Cannot copy files to host data.host."

Hi,

I am relatively new to VMWARE and the upgrade process for hosts. Recently I have been updating all of our hosts onto the latest version of ESXi. On this particular host we upgraded from 6.7.0 to 7.0 successfully as with the others, however, this one refuses to update any further.

Every time we try and run the baseline update from 7.0 to 7.0U1 or 7.0U2, the remediation process starts, then jumps to a full bar and throws the error message "Cannot copy files to host data.host. Check the management service status, network connectivity with vCenter and disk space on the host

So far we have tried rebooting the host, restarting services on the ESXi host itself and enabling the shell and checking the RAM for space but it is showing as almost empty so that shouldn't be an issue.

Any ideas of where to start or how to attack this?

Host details:

• Hypervisor:  VMware ESXi, 7.0.0, 16324942
  • Model:           ProLiant DL360 Gen10

Labels (1)
  • i

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Graham85
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok so...

This was fixed by removing the iso from the baseline.. uploading it again and reapplying it as a baseline and it sailed through!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Graham85
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok so...

This was fixed by removing the iso from the baseline.. uploading it again and reapplying it as a baseline and it sailed through!

0 Kudos