VMware Cloud Community
jwoodmls
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Troubleshooting question on StorageConnectivity

Hey all, I hope this is in the right place, if not, I will accept my 30 lashes.

We had a network guy monkeying around with changing the spanning tree protocol on a switch between our hosts and and storage that caused a disruption.

I received an error about path redundancy being down.  When I look in the events, it looks like there are alarms for "Cannot connect to Storage" but if I look under paths, it shows status of active on all 4.  Is it possible I just didn't get notice that it was restored?  I have 3 hosts and I think I got errors on 2 out of the 3.  Just to see if something weird was going on, I migrated the VM's off to 2 of them and rebooted 1.  When it was rebooting it said that the iSCSI discovery failed...but again, it shows that path active.  I'm just wanting to make sure 1) That everything is okay and 2) I know the best way to troubleshoot in the future that there is a real problem.  All of my VM's seem to be functioning normally, so I would guess if there is a problem, it's just the redundancy, not completely down.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CoolRam
Expert
Expert

If you running this in  production then in the down time just switch the path to check all path are functioning correctly. You just make sure you Dont have one path alive when you path is gone.

If you find any answer useful. please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
jwoodmls
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm not sure if I follow.  It shows all paths active, one of which says (I/O) next to it.

0 Kudos