VMware Cloud Community
MariusRoma
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Troubleshooting a NFS datastore

A vSphere 5.5 uses a datastore hosted by a NAS and accessed via NFS.

It always worked fine.

Now I see that some of the folders and files on the datastore cannot be accessed, with messages like:

Relocate virtual machine

<vm_name>

Could not complete network copy for file /vmfs/volumes/e4e525a8-acdae200/<vm_name>/<vm_name>.vmdk

Copying Virtual Machine files

or:

Copy file

Datastore <datastore_name>

Unable to access file [Datastore <datastore_name>] <folder_name>/<file_name>.iso

I rebooted the NAS hosting the datastore and forced a file check but I don't see any change.

Other files on the same NAS are accessed via CIFS and can be read and written without any problem.

How can I detect the problems related to my NFS datastore and, if possible, solve them?

Which tools can I use to check and recover the NFS datastore?

Regards

marius

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alistar
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

is there any possibility that something has changed in the NFS Exports? What solution do you use for the storage? Can you browse the files/folders you need access to from the storage itself?

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alistar
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hello,

is there any possibility that something has changed in the NFS Exports? What solution do you use for the storage? Can you browse the files/folders you need access to from the storage itself?

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
MariusRoma
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you for your message.

Based on your hints I checked the way the NFS export and I discovered a problem in the list of authorized hosts.

Now it works fine.

Regards

marius

0 Kudos