VMware Cloud Community
Technospyder
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The vsphere web client cannot connect to the vcenter single sign on server, how to fix this.

After upgrading to 5.1, I have been running into this error a lot.  For some reason, the SSO service seems to stop working after about a week and requires a reboot to get it back online.  Does anyone know a way to keep this service up and not require weekly reboots of my vcenter server that has SSO, inventory and vcenter installed on it?  Is there a service I can restart or anything like that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimBurkard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In my case, the VCVA was started on a new host and the time wasn't properly synced.  Fixed the time, no more errors.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Technospyder
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

From the looks of it, it's the Active Directory Web Service for some reason stops working and can't restarts.  I checked the logs from SSO but didn't see anything that realy jumped out of me past that.  Time to go check Microsoft to see why it's stopping.

0 Kudos
ferdis
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have excatly the same problem. Resolution for this?

TimBurkard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In my case, the VCVA was started on a new host and the time wasn't properly synced.  Fixed the time, no more errors.

0 Kudos
Technospyder
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We had a time sync issues that was causing a number of problems as well.  Once we got that taken care of, a lot of the issues did go away.  The other side of the coin was that Active Directory Web Services would stop working, at which time I would have to log into the server and restart the service within Services.  Once AD web services restarted, it was working great.

Andrew_Keller_C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Restarting the "Active Directory Web Services" service fixed it for us.

0 Kudos