VMware Cloud Community
MIPHISTO
Contributor
Contributor

The virtual machines ESXI 5.5 were gone

Hi, there is such problem.

There are 9 ESXi 5.5, I no have to them root passwords. There is VCSA for root the password to which is too not known.

I reset the password on 2 ESXi (when opening vSphare center, the virtual machines were visible), set on one of them new VCSA, and these connect of 2 ESXi to VCSA.

Then I reset the password on 2 ESXi, when opening vSphare center of the virtual machines wasn't, all machines respond and work.

What to make, what the virtual machines would be displayed on ESXi?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
graemevermeulen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are you able to log into the VCSA and see the two hosts?

If you can log into the VCSA, right click on the hosts and disconnect them. Re-add them using your new passwords, the VMs should all display as they would if you connected onto the individual host.

If you can't log into the VCSA, log into each host and Disassociate from your vCenter. Deploy a new VCSA and add the hosts to it.

0 Kudos
CrashTheGooner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear Miphisto,

I understand that you cannot see the VM's in VCSA of those Esxi's whose passwords were reset.
Login to VCSA
Disconnect two Esxi host from it
Right click on cluster/datacenter and then add two Esxi with the new passwords.
Ideally all VM's running on them will be imported to VCSA

Regards,
RGS

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful. RGS
0 Kudos
MIPHISTO
Contributor
Contributor

I have no administrator roles to VCSA and i cna't add two Esxi host.

0 Kudos
CrashTheGooner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You will not need an administrator's credentials for adding Hosts, How ever if you are just a read user you will not be able to add hosts.
May I know how you logging to VCSA? Why don't you ask your administrator for adding hosts ?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful. RGS
0 Kudos
MIPHISTO
Contributor
Contributor

The administrator left, without having granted the administrator of the rights to other users

0 Kudos
CrashTheGooner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oops.
I suppose the only way is to build a new VCSA and add these Hosts in to them once again.

0 Kudos
MIPHISTO
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much and do

0 Kudos
CrashTheGooner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anytime Smiley Happy

0 Kudos