VMware Cloud Community
WMAPr
Contributor
Contributor

The host 5 is gone to purpure.

Hi, everyone.

What esxi want to tell me? please help.

All virtual machines migrate to another host and work...

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Ram8
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Looks like your hardware has gone bad. Raise a ticket with vmware. They would analyse your log dump.

Regards,

Ram.

0 Kudos
WMAPr
Contributor
Contributor

I watch from IMM, all good.

0 Kudos
FritzBrause
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maybe this one: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2052144

PR984305: When you connect USB devices to an ESXi host, if two threads concurrently access the same anchor, both threads might end up with the same USB Request Block (URB). As a result, the ESXi host might fail with a purple diagnostic screen that displays error messages and stack trace similar to the following:
#GP Exception 13 in world 8773:vmklinux_9 @ 0x418030633c50
@BlueScreen: #GP Exception 13 in world 16416:idle0 @ 0x418030633c50
DLM_malloc
DLM_memalign
Heap_AlignWithTimeoutAndRA
dma_pool_alloc
ehci_qtd_alloc
qh_urb_transaction
ehci_urb_enqueue
usb_hcd_submit_urb
usb_submit_urb
hub_irq
usb_hcd_giveback_urb
ehci_urb_done
qh_completions
ehci_work
ehci_irq
usb_hcd_irq
Linux_IRQHandler

Seems an older bug and bugfix. But your screenshot does not show a build number.

So I cannot tell if it could fit.

0 Kudos
WMAPr
Contributor
Contributor

I have reboot the esxi host, were can i watch the build number?

0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi, Take a look to below link... Will solve you problem http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=201236... This issue occurs because the default slot size for the core dump partition cannot accommodate a complete core dump of an ESXi host that is under heavy load.

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi, Even you can configure a fresh scratch partition having more space than actually the server has , so that the ESXi system logs and core dump logs can reside there.

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
CoolRam
Expert
Expert

Its seems like you have not configured proper scratch partition . please do reboot the host if it comes normal the first thing need to confirm scratch.

If you find any answer useful. please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
FritzBrause
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The build number can be seen:

- If connected with vSphere Client, select the ESX-Host and see on the right side above the tabs (Getting Started, Summary, etc).

- On the console (SSH) with "vmware -vl"

- On the Purple Screen in the first line

0 Kudos