VMware Cloud Community
aiea96701
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Testing ESX4 and vCenter

is it possible to download ESX4 and install on 3 different hosts?  I would like to demo vSphere to a company that wants to see if it will be a choice for their environment and primarily to see HA/DRS and FT demo'd for them.   So, to do the FT demo, I'd need 3 hosts setup.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaneshNetworks
Jump to solution

Yes, That is possible with 3 ESXi. But please make sure that you have all prerequisite.

For more: http://blog.lewan.com/2009/07/15/vmware-fault-tolerance-ft-and-cpu-compatibility-requirements/

Thanks,

Ganesh

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
briwag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I would install ESXi on the three hosts then download and install a demo of vCenter. You can run a full demo for 60 days.

Take a look.

bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes,

But you will have limited license times on both ESXi and the VC.

If you are battling to get temp licenses, speak to your reseller - they'll be able to sort you out.

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
aiea96701
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

would use ESXi but I need to demo FT....is that possible with 3 ESXi "hypervisor"?

0 Kudos
briwag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, both FT and HA are supported with ESXi running in a vCenter cluster.

If you are thinking of standing up a new environment I would go with ESXi as I keep hearing that the traditional ESX will no longer be included future releases. Someone here can correct me if I'm wrong.

GaneshNetworks
Jump to solution

Yes, That is possible with 3 ESXi. But please make sure that you have all prerequisite.

For more: http://blog.lewan.com/2009/07/15/vmware-fault-tolerance-ft-and-cpu-compatibility-requirements/

Thanks,

Ganesh

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos