VMware Cloud Community
AvayaGuy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Template Not asking questions.

Hello,

I am trying to deploy some templates for an Avaya solution I am working on. But when I deploy them there is supposed to be a couple of screens with questions that come up for ip information, dhcp, ntp etc... etc... But this screen never shows up and the OVA will finish installing. Once it is installed I can power it on and manually enter all the information and the OVA works just fine, but I would like to know why I can not get this OVA template question screen to pop up. By the way this screen shows up on other ESXI installations, only difference is they are fully licensed esxi servers for enterprise use.

Build (Home Lab)

ESXI 5.5.0 (Free Home License)

Dell R610 2 6 core processors

24gb ram

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

In order to be able to enter settings while deploying an OVF/OVA, you have to run the deployment while connected to vCenter Server.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

In order to be able to enter settings while deploying an OVF/OVA, you have to run the deployment while connected to vCenter Server.

André

0 Kudos
AvayaGuy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, thank you. Since this is a home lab with a free license, I think that I cannot download and install Vcenter. But at least I know why it is doing that now.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

VMware offers a free 60-day evaluation period for most products, including vSphere. You can register for the evaluation at http://www.vmware.com/go/evaluate-vsphere-en, and although the evaluation is for vSphere 6.0, you can still manage 5.x hosts in vCenter Server 6.0 if your hardware doesn't support ESXi 6.0. Keep in mind that ESXi hosts with the free Hypervisor license cannot be managed in vCenter Server, i.e. the hosts either need to be properly licensed, or running in evaluation mode.

André

0 Kudos