VMware Cloud Community
cesprov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Tcpip_Vmk: 125: ip6_maybe_force_bind failed.

I just got done upgrading 8 ESXi 5.5U2 hosts to 6.0b (2809209).  These hosts are a mixture of HP and Dell and their customized ISOs were used respectively.  One HP and two Dell hosts are getting the following error written to the vmkernel.log several times an hour:

Tcpip_Vmk: 125: ip6_maybe_force_bind failed.

IP6 is enabled on all the hosts and was enabled prior to the upgrade to 6.0b.  We did have it disabled on all of our hosts a long time ago but was enabled prior to upgrading to 5.5U2.  I've checked the network configs of all 8 hosts and they are identical.  We have three dvSwitches, one for the main LAN and two for our iSCSI LAN.  The VMKs on the LAN dvSwitch for all hosts are set to "Use the following IPv6 settings/Obtain IPv6 address automatically through Router Advertisement."  The VMKs on both iSCSI dvSwitches for all hosts are set to "No IPv6 Settings."  I doubt the iSCSI VMKs are causing the error to appear because all 8 hosts are configured this way and only 3 of 8 are generating the error.

I am not sure where else to look for what is causing this issue.  Googling "ip6_maybe_force_bind failed" results in literally no hits.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
luho
Contributor
Contributor

heya,

same log-message here after upgrade from 5.0U3 to 6.0U2, google and vmware docs are still no help.

did you ever solve this?

greetings,

luke

0 Kudos