VMware Cloud Community
Kaaiz
Contributor
Contributor

TPM 1.2 Pass through with ESXi 6.0

Hi All

I am trying to connect a TPM 1.2 Card to my VM. This is an old PCI card. I am currently using ESXi 6.0.0 update 3. Generally if I need to use a PCI card I would go to the pass through and attach the PCI card. The issue I am facing is that I am unable to see this PCI card in the pass through. I have already spent two days on this and am running out of ideas. I have enabled the secure card in the BIOS. Could you please let me know how can I add this card to my VM.

Thank you  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported so a moderator can move it to the area for ESXi.

{code} is for SDK matters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Check first if the ESXi is able to see the card in general by use "lspci" from the command line.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
Kaaiz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Joerg for the response

I am unable to see the PCI card using "lspci". I had installed windows on the same server before I installed ESXi and I was able to see the PCI card. The slot and the card seem to be working fine but I am unable to see it in ESXi, I have other PCI and PCIe slots which I can see, its only this specific PCI card that I am unable to see. Any suggestions.

Thank you

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

When lspci doesnt list the pci card than something is seriously wrong.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
Kaaiz
Contributor
Contributor

Yes but the PCI card is visible in Windows and the slot is working. Any suggestions as to how can I get this to work with ESXi?

0 Kudos