VMware Cloud Community
quinh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Suppress/Ignore pressing Enter after 'ESXi has been installed successfully' during scripted installation

For an off site location we've created a custom-image with the kickstart file on the cdrom (iso)

ks=cdrom:/KS_CUST.CFG bootproto=static ip=xx.xx.xx.xx nameserver=xx.xx.xx.xx netdevice=vmnic0 ...

During the installation we get an error that there is no answer by DHCP in that location (intented) and the installer actually goes on by itself without human intervention (it says: wait or press enter to contine)

However, at the end of the installation there is a notice/alert-box say, that

"ESXi 6.7.0 has been installed successfully."

There were warnings. See log files

Press <Enter> to continue

We would like to avoid hitting enter at this point. Has anybody overcome this issue - we know there is no DHCP so it would be a bonus to save this human intervention at that part of the installation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
quinh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The IP part in the network section of the kickstart process is working.

But I've found the culprit.

For some reason I commented out the

reboot

command. After removing the comment there is no interaction needed, no matter if there are warnings or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavoudTeimouri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Try to define IP addressing section within kickstart file and not on boot.cfg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Davoud Teimouri - https://www.teimouri.net - Twitter: @davoud_teimouri Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teimouri.net/
0 Kudos
quinh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The IP part in the network section of the kickstart process is working.

But I've found the culprit.

For some reason I commented out the

reboot

command. After removing the comment there is no interaction needed, no matter if there are warnings or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos