VMware Cloud Community
Apros12
Contributor
Contributor

Strange situation with ESXi 6.7 u2, u3 on servers R740XD with the network adapter Broadcom 57416 2x10Gb BT + 2x1Gb BT

Hi all,

Have a strange situation with server R740XD with ESXi 6.7 u2, u3.

After reboot, when ESXi is loaded disappears access to web-control ESXi after some time, access time can be various, but VM's still works normally without any problem.

When I make "Network Testing" via ESXi-control, web-control starts work but not for a long time...

Early I don't notice this problem, but servers had a different network configuration. The problem appeared when using network adapters Broadcom 57416 2x10Gb BT + 2x1Gb BT, with intel adapter I don't have the same problem.

I use VMware ESXi 6.7 update 2 A03 or update 3 A00 with standard configuration.

Iso-images downloaded from the dell.com site.

I use two Broadcom 57416 2x10Gb BT in bond in vSwitch0(one-Active, second-Standby), vSwitch0 using for VLAN VM's and VLAN Management Network.

Broadcom adapters

PS: when I use one network adapter in vSwitch0 all work fine, but I can't use this scheme, because two adapters connect to the various switch and providing reservations. And I can't use 2x1Gb BT adapters, because they have low speed

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SAGCH
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, same hardware, one host out of 4 is not responsive anymore, connection to vCenter lost. VMs keep running fine, though. We don't know yet what will happen tonight with Veeam Backup, though.

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Apros12

Do you sayed that you have  2x  Dual Port 10G HBAs?

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos