VMware Cloud Community
kmahler
Contributor
Contributor

Strange behavior when trying to create a new VM

My ESXi-6.5.0-4564106-standard (VMware, Inc.), server has been up and running since Nov 2016 with no issues. It's in my lab at home and I don't mess with it that much. It's running on a Dell R710.

I went to create a new VM today for a new application I want to test out and I got this craziness. Has anyone seen this before and do you have a fix? I'd hate to have to wipe the machine and start all over. I have several apps running on it. If I try and edit an existing VM, I get the same craziness. It won't let me edit anything and the dropdown boxes don't work either.

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 11.00.26 AM.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please update the Embedded Host Client with either the latest released version 1.23.0-6506686​, or the fling version of the ESXi Embedded Host Client .

André

kmahler
Contributor
Contributor

André,

Thanks, that seems to have fixed the issue if I try to edit existing VMs but now I'm getting this when I try to create a new VM. Sorry, I'm no ESXi expert, I only use it in my lab.

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 12.15.32 PM.png

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please delete the browser cache and refresh the web page, or check whether this issue is the same with another browser.

André

0 Kudos
kmahler
Contributor
Contributor

André,

Thanks so much for your help. That seems to have resolved the issue. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Kevin

0 Kudos