VMware Cloud Community
PikN5
Contributor
Contributor

Strange Roles on Esxi5.5 and data loss

Hello community,

has someone ever see something like this ?

Screenshot 

This screenshot belongs to a server with Esxi 5.5 on which some data have been lost and I don't now why (disk temporary failure, controller temporary failure or external attack).

Do you think these starnge roles  can be related to data loss ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@PikN5 

Moderator: Moved to ESXi Discussions since your question is in English rather than Italian.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
Your case is quite unusual so you should be eliminating options.

1. First make a backup of the Host VMs with problems.
  2. Check in the hardware logs if there is any error of hardware.
  3.  Reinstall the ESXi 5.5 from scratch, preferably with the latest patches (version 5.5 U3K Build 9919047)
  4. Uninstal VMware vSphere client then get the latest version of VMware client 5.5
  5. Verify from the vmware client that the ESXi host looks normal as usual.

Download URLs for vSphere Client

http://www.ctxdom.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=920:donde-descargar-cada-componen...

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos