VMware Cloud Community
vas1
Contributor
Contributor

Strange Issues with one vSphere host

Hi

I am facing a major issue. I have 2 ESXi hosts not in cluster. The 1st host has 2 datastores: local and iSCSI. The 2nd host has a local one. The 1st host server is VMWare compatible while the 2nd one is not.

I have tried using VEEAM backup and VMWare DataRecovery on both servers. The 2nd server backups run perfectly well. But for the 1st server all backups fail with the foll error:

"VDDK error: 14009.The server refused connection"

I have tried almost everypossible tshooting step. VEEAM even did a Webex. I need help trying to find out whether this is a VMWare issue or something else. Please help in the same. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander

As you have mentioned that on the 2nd host, backup runs perfectly and only on the first host there is a issue.. If this is a VMware issue, back up shouldnt happen in the 2nd host also..

What is the version of ESXI your using.

Check the firewall ports are open in host 1 same as host 2 if there is a firewall.

Check if ssh is enabled in esxi 1 same as esxi 2.

Thanks & Regards Dharshan S VCP 4.0,VTSP 5.0, VCP 5.0
0 Kudos
vas1
Contributor
Contributor

Both servers have esxi 5.0 build 498960. The firewall is disabled in host1 and SSH is running in Host1. Surprisingly I am able to download smaller files but with the VMDK files on host 1, I get "Storage i/o error" when i try to download via the datastore browser (VEEAM had asked me to do this check).

Any clues?

0 Kudos