VMware Cloud Community
eitght
Contributor
Contributor

Strange ESXi 5.5 VM/Host Crash

Hello VMWare Community, I want to share with you a strange behavior that Im getting with my ESXi 5.5 host, if you could help me to understand what's happening:

1) I have 1 VM Debian operating ok and other VM where I want to install Win7. Im mouting both full on iSCSI 150 GB storages each one (as the directly attached HDD is not enough size)

2) However, in some point of the Win7 installation on the second VM, the ESXi host an all their items in Vcenter  5.5 appeared disconnected, however the other Debian VM continues running.

3) I can also access the ESXi 5.5 host via ssh and also directly with the vsphere client. However, in the last the VM win 7 appear running but I cannot power off it, even killing the vm with "esxcli vm process kill",  and effectively disappear from "esxcli vm process list"

At this time Im restaring the management agents in the ESXi host console, but is taking too long (also taking the vm-support file, took 12 hours but I can attach it after)

Regards.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
eitght
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I installed the VM Win7 in other host, and I plan to migrate it to this host after (with Vmotion), to check if this crash only happened because the installation.

Regards.

0 Kudos
eitght
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I still have the same issue, this time installing the Win7 VM in other host and the migrating (with vmotion) to the intended host.

I worked fine for 2-3 days, but now, the Win7 VM crashed and then the ESXi host appeared "disconnected" in Vcenter.

Regards.

0 Kudos
eitght
Contributor
Contributor

Hello , I still have the same issue, for example, today the host CPU usage reached 100% (with 8 x 2.659Ghz) before getting completely blocked, and the only way was restart the server from the DRAC:

Could be fixed with an upgrade or patch ??:

My current ESXI version is:

~ # vmware -vl

VMware ESXi 5.5.0 build-2068190

VMware ESXi 5.5.0 Update 2

And my VCenter is: Version 5.5.0 Build 1300321

Regards.

0 Kudos