VMware Cloud Community
ClaudioComputin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Storage x Vm Windows

bom tarde a todos...

Tenho que disponibilizar um storage Eva4400, porem essa é a primeira vez. vejam se podem me ajudar.

Tenho um servidor hp rodando ESXi5, com hba compativel. Minha intenção é subir uma vm ness servidor com windows 2008 para consolidar um fileserver. Terei um switch para para fazer a conexão entre o server e o storage. Agora, tenho várias duvidas tais como:

O Windows 2008 (virtualizado) que será o fileserver irá reconhecer o storage que esta plugado no ESXi5 ?

Preciso instalar o software do storage onde será o FileServer ?

Muito obrigado..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Translate in google

Se o seu servidor de arquivos "velho" não é connectet para o seu san como rickardnobel disse, você só tem a oportunidade de migrar. Copie os arquivos do servidor de arquivos "velho" para o seu um "novo". Usando robocopy ou coisas assim. O seu é capaz de copiar os usuários e grupos de segurança! Com isso, que são capazes de minimizar o copytime no final do processo de comutação para o seu fileserver novo.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rickardnobel
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Through Google Translate the question is:

"Good afternoon everyone ...
I have to provide an EVA4400 storage, but this is the first time. see if you can help me.
I have a server running hp ESXi5 with compatible hba. My intention is to climb a vm with windows 2008 server ness to consolidate a fileserver. I will have to switch to make the connection between theserver and storage. Now, I have several doubts such as:
Windows 2008 (virtualized) as the fileserver storage will recognize that this ESXi5 plugged in?
I need to install software which will be the storage FileServer?
Thank you ..
"

Is the physical file server connected to the EVA SAN with a LUN today? If you will virtualize the Windows 2008 file server you could use a RDM (Raw Device Mapping) that the ESXi host will be providing to the virtual machine as a direct disk.

My VMware blog: www.rickardnobel.se
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If your "old" fileserver is not connectet to your san as rickardnobel said, you only have the oportunity to migrate.

Copy your files from the "old" fileserver to your "new" one. Using robocopy or stuff like that. Your are able to copy the users and groups security!

With that, you are able to minimize the copytime at the end of the switching process to your new fileserver.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Translate in google

Se o seu servidor de arquivos "velho" não é connectet para o seu san como rickardnobel disse, você só tem a oportunidade de migrar. Copie os arquivos do servidor de arquivos "velho" para o seu um "novo". Usando robocopy ou coisas assim. O seu é capaz de copiar os usuários e grupos de segurança! Com isso, que são capazes de minimizar o copytime no final do processo de comutação para o seu fileserver novo.

Frank

0 Kudos