VMware Cloud Community
fernandomm2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Storage missing from Health Status

I have a LSI MegaRAID 9361 8i RAID controller. The issue is that from time to time it disappears from Health status and the only way to get it back is to restart the Host or run services.sh restart.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Sometimes it takes days, sometimes it takes weeks to disappear.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Fernando,

What vendor is your server ?

Check out -  http://blog.mwpreston.net/2012/07/17/dell-storage-missing-from-vmware-health-status/

It can happen because there is no vib installed on host.

Did you check if all services of vCenter are started ?

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
fernandomm2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The vendor is Supermicro. I already installed the vib and the Storage shows up. The issue is that from time to time it disappears requiring a restart.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Let me know more informations:

are u using vcenter ? what version? and host, what version ?

See if the Mware vSphere Profile-Driven service it's started.

Check VMware KB: Inaccurate Monitoring and Health Status seen in VI Client, vSphere Client, VirtualCenter,...

fyi too VMware KB: vCenter Service Status page alerts: Unable to retrieve health status

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
fernandomm2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm not using vCenter, just a single VMware ESXi 6.0.0 ( 3029758 ) server with a VMware vSphere 6 Enterprise Plus license.

0 Kudos