VMware Cloud Community
SteveB500
Contributor
Contributor

Storage/Raid question

Hi,

Has anyone seen this before? I am not sure what this refers to ie configuration, cable, raid card or drive?

ESXI.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alim786
Expert
Expert

I have had something similar and it was a false positive. I reset sensors and the problem errors went away for a short while. When they came back, I ran a hardware diagnostics check and it showed clear. I chose to ignore it afterwards. There was an article about updating the firmware but I decided not to.

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
SteveB500
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Alim78, I have reset the sensors but the issue will not go away. I have two dell r510 with this same problem, they seem to be running a bit lumpy...

0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert

If you think that it is an authentic error, then you have to start your troubleshooting by asking yourself when did this start to occur and were there any hardware failures/issues around that time, e.g. failed disk, disconnected cable, etc...

You could also start by eliminating other causes. Firstly I notice that you are several build behind. You should really get to latest build version. This will also require your Hosts to restart and this may be a good thing as the Management Agents will restart.

If the problem still persists, you may run a diagnostics on your Dell.

I hope this helps.

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is Drac available for this model. check your logs on it.

Is there any performance problem on this host?

reboot may solve this problem.

0 Kudos