VMware Cloud Community
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Storage Adapter Latency Metrics

Hi there,

I am noticing some read latency's across most of my hosts showing a maximum of 19 ms, as high as 31 ms, while currently running around 3-7ms.  Is this acceptable?  For some reason I feel like they are normally less than this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Only you can define acceptable.  For some, 19 is great, for some applications, the application might as well be down.

Very generally, <15 ms averages with occasional spikes to 20-30ms would be pretty healthy.

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Only you can define acceptable.  For some, 19 is great, for some applications, the application might as well be down.

Very generally, <15 ms averages with occasional spikes to 20-30ms would be pretty healthy.

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

I agree with mcowger  , also you can confirm with your user to see if they are facing any performance  hit during this  increased read latency  time. If  user  are hit by performance, then investigation should be started to find the root cause.

Regards

MOhammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Users are not reporting any issues, I just happened to take a look and wanted some general feedback I suppose.

I tried to look back a week to get more of a baseline but that stat doesn't seem to go back past a day.

0 Kudos