Stand Alone Laptop Need 100GB Datastore - CUCM7

Trying to setup test lab on me HP Pavilion dv6 laptop:

• 8 GB RAM
  • 500 GB Hard Drive
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit - AMD Dual-Core Processor 2.80 Ghz

I have installed:

• VMware Workstation 7
  • ESXi 4.0 inside of VMware Workstation 7

I am connedting to ESXi via vSphere Client and trying to install CUCM7 (Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7) from iso file (2.5GB). It is known you have to have 72 GB for CUCM7 installtion. I have tried everything I can think of to create a datasore larger than 40 GB but unsuccessful. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

try shut down the ESXi VM, edit and add a new HDD say 300GB. then power up, go to add storage and format it as a new datastore. i believe your limit of 40GB is due to the initially set disk during ESXi installation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

try shut down the ESXi VM, edit and add a new HDD say 300GB. then power up, go to add storage and format it as a new datastore. i believe your limit of 40GB is due to the initially set disk during ESXi installation.

0 Kudos
slhawk98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks idle-jam. I was able to resolve this adding a new in hard drive in My ESXi VM in VM Workstaion 7. I also disovered if i increase the initially set disk during ESXi installation I have the space need for new installations. However, I have a new problem. When installing VMs inside of ESXi I am not abel to view the console, the console is just black. I have read other posts but not finding a solution. I will create a new post.

0 Kudos