VMware Cloud Community
AndersN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Specify a config file for vpxclient.exe?

Is there a way to specify which VpxClient.exe.config file the vpxclient should read in via the command line?

I have 2 different config files for when I'm on site and for when I'm outside the local network. The differences are the different ports used to connect to the host server.

I already use -s -u and -p to auto-login, but as of now I have to manually copy/rename my config files depending on where I am.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

While I am not sure if vpxclient.exe has additional options other than the ones you have specified, a simple workaround would be to create multiple shortcuts of the vpxclient.exe with advanced options set depending upon your location.

more info here

0 Kudos
AndersN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That would require 2 installations I suppose..

Anyway, I've made a quite simple solution where my shortcuts points to a batch file which simply copies the correct config file to the directory where the client looks for it. It works.. Not really "elegant", but then, who cares? Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not really "elegant",

Smiley Happy Elegant or not, as long as we are happy to live with it. Smiley Happy

That would require 2 installations I suppose..

Hmmm.. can't you copy the shortcut and edit the shortcuts command line options depending upon username/password and rename the shortcuts as "vpxclient_in_Network.exe" and "vpxclient_outside_Network.exe"

0 Kudos