VMware Cloud Community
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Some hosts can't see new datastore

I have vCenter 6.7 with 3 ESXi 6.7 hosts connected to an Equallogic group. I created a new LUN on the EQ for a single VM, and when I created the datastore from a host, I missed the datastore name and wound up with "Datastore 1(1)". I renamed the datastore to match the VM, then created the VM, and then realized that only the original host can see the datastore. I've verified in vCenter that the other hosts don't see it with the original name, and only one host is listed in the Hosts section of the DS.

I went into EQ Group Manager to make sure the "Simultaneous connections" option was checked, and I've rescanned storage from all the hosts several times. I'm getting ready to clear one of the hosts and restart, but I noticed one other really odd thing. My vSwitches on each host are dual nicced, so I normally have 6 IPs that show up in the EQ Grp Manager iSCSI connections. For this LUN, I see 4 IPs - the ones for the hosts that don't look like they're connected in vCenter (dun, dun, DUN!).

Help me, Obi-wan.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Never mind. As you probably already guessed, I somehow made a local datastore on the one host, even though I could have sworn I had the EQ LUN selected. So, I just have to migrate it to the LUN.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
0 Kudos